CHICKEN SAUSAGE PITAS with GRILLED PEPPERS & ONIONS
For those of you who have just discovered chicken sausage, this is GREAT! For those who already know how delicious chicken sausage is, here's a new way to prepare them!
Hands-on time: 15 minutes.
Total time: 20 minutes.
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp nonfat Greek-style yogurt
• 2 tsp agave nectar
• 3/4 small red onion
• 1/2 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1/2-inch strips
• 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cored and cut into 1/2-inch strips
• 2 3-oz precooked chicken sausages, cut in half lengthwise
• 2 whole-wheat pitas, cut in half
• 4 cups arugula, loosely packed
1. Prepare an indoor grill to medium-high.
2. In a small bowl, combine mustard, yogurt and agave. Store in refrigerator.
3. Cut onion into 8 wedges.
4. Grill onion and peppers until softened and lightly charred, 4 to
per side. Grill sausages until lightly charred and heated through,
minutes per side. Grill pitas until warm, about 30 seconds per side.5.
Spread mustard mixture into open pita halves. Cut sausages in half and
arrange in pitas. Add peppers, onion and arugula, dividing evenly among
halves. Serve warm.
NUTRIENTS PER HALF PITA:CALORIES: 197; TOTAL FAT: 5.5 g;;SAT. FAT: 3
g; CARBS: 25.5 g; FIBER: 3.5 g; SUGARS: 5 g; PROTEIN: 13 g; SODIUM: 299
mg; CHOLESTEROL: 30 mg